Wave Propagation Group Research & Development Activities
INVERSE SCATTERING IN WAVEGUIDES
Transient Problem (wave equation)
Reconstruction of axisymmetric velocity inhomogeneities from point source data
Fixed-Frequency Inverse Scattering (Helmholtz equation)
Global uniqueness for the refraction index from the DtN map
Complex geometric optics for waveguides
Reconstruction of hard obstacles in homogeneous wave guide
- G.N. Makrakis & M. Yamamoto, "A transient inverse scattering problem for acoustic waveguides",
- Applicable Analysis, Vol. 69, pp. 285-302, 1998.
- M. Ikehata, G.N. Makrakis & G. Nakamura, "Inverse boundary value problem in ocean acoustics",
- Mathematical Methods in Applied Sciences, Vol. 24, pp. 1-8, 2001.
- M. Ikehata, G.N. Makrakis & G. Nakamura, "Inverse boundary value problem for ocean acoustics using point sources", to appear in: Mathematical Methods in Applied Sciences, 2003.
- A.G. Ramm & G.N. Makrakis, "Scattering by obstacles in acoustic waveguides", in Spectral and scattering theory (Ed. A.G. Ramm), Plenum, New York, 1998, pp. 89-110.